We live in a hostile world. It wobbles and lurches; allegorically speaking, mountains shake and quake; it's huge nostrils flare, it's mouth spits fire; the sky darkens, an abyss opens up; life seems a trenchcoat of black cloud darkness, and the screaming, hurling depths of the sea are about to swallow you ( as described in Psalm 18:7-15)....
BUT THEN --- get this: then my Knight in Shining armor bursts out of heaven with a great shout -- and pandemonium erupts as He hurls lightening, spraying hailstones and fireballs! Roaring His protest in a hurricane anger at the one who would destroy His child! And as I was falling into the destruction that the enemy had planned for me, look!
"But me he caught -- reached all the way from sky to sea; he pulled me out of that ocean of hate, that enemy chaos, the void in which I was drowning. They hit me when I was down, but God stuck by me. He stood me up on a wide-open field; I stood there saved -- surprised to be loved! God made my life complete when I placed all the pieces before Him. When I got my act together, he gave me a fresh start. Now I'm alert to God's ways; I don't take God for granted. Every day I review the ways He works; I try not to miss a trick. I feel put back together, and I'm watching my step. God rewrote the text of my life when I opened the book of my heart to His eyes.....
Suddenly, God floodlighted my life; I'm blazing with glory, God's glory! I smash the bands of marauders, I vault the highest fences. What a God! His road stretches straight and smooth. Every God direction is road-tested. Everyone who runs toward Him MAKES IT!!" (16-24)
The Message Bible
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment